Hi everyone! My name is Allie and I am one of the directors for LiveUp NYC! We all know how important it is to do our best to be healthy. I like to live a healthy lifestyle by staying active and eating nutritious wholesome meals! I find it easiest to eat healthy when I am preparing delicious healthy meals myself. Here are my three favorite nutritious and delicious recipes that are so easy anybody can make them!
Baked Turkey Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly grease a sheet pan with oil and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients together with your hands. Roll into about 20 meatballs and place on pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes or until cooked through and not pink in the middle.
**Serve on top of greens (lettuce, spinach, kale) or over zoodles for an even healthier option!
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup of uncooked Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (or any other sweet or savory ingredient!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the mashed bananas and oats in a bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon, scoop up the batter and place on the cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
** Since these are made with bananas and oatmeal, you can even eat them for breakfast!
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- 1 head cauliflower, stalk removed
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Break the cauliflower into small pieces and pulse in a food processor until it gets very fine.
- In a bowl, combine the cauliflower with mozzarella, parmesan, oregano, salt, garlic powder and eggs.
- Pour into the center of the baking sheet, spread into a circle and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add desired toppings (mozzarella cheese, fresh vegetables, pepperoni) and bake for 10 more minutes.
** Try my favorite combination of cooked broccoli, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese!
Do you have a favorite healthy recipe? Send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org! I would love to try it and maybe we can even cook it at a LiveUp weekend!