In honor of Down Syndrome Awareness Month, we want to celebrate our incredible participants! Every year, we have the opportunity to meet new participants and returning friends. Since March is also Women’s History Month, we’ve decided to celebrate Girl Power by featuring just a few of the absolutely amazing ladies we know:
- Shelley Lantz was recognized for her work in the community as “Self Advocate of the Year” with the Down Syndrome Association of Greater Richmond! Shelley says, “I am capable because I volunteer and participate in the community.” Read more here!
- Lisa is an artist! Check out Lisavisions art from my heart
- Sarah Cooley is a published author! Check out her facebook page to learn more!
- Kelly was recently honored by the Indianapolis ROSE Awards. You can see her between 2:40-3:00 of this video!
- Brittany Schiavone is the founder of Brittany’s Baskets of Hope, a nonprofit that makes and delivers baskets to celebrate the arrival of babies with Down Syndrome. Watch Brittany on Fox Business and News 12!
We’re so proud of all of our participants and volunteers! Thanks for all the awesome things you do!